Skip to main content

catching up and prayful hearts

Yeah so I know it has been a while since I last posted, I have had a lot going on in the past few weeks. But I am writing now to get things updated a little. Last week was Meredith's spring break. It wasn't to much of a spring break for me however since I had to spend Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at a conference for teaching fellows (senior orientation). I went to visit my mom on Monday, then went to the orientation on Tuesday. Wednesday was a crazy day because I woke up throwing up and had to stay home from the orientation, only to be able to make up for my missed day with a paper. Thursday I went back to the orientation because I was feeling well enough to sit through it and if I hadn't then I would have had to make the entire thing up next year or over the summer.
For the weekend we spend some time with Matthew's mother helping her plant some trees on Saturday. Sunday we went to the Walmart in Louisburg to try and sell some more coupon books. We ended up not selling a single book but Louisburg really pulled though for us on the donation part. There was a good amount of money donated to us.

On Monday I had to go back to classes. How fun right? Well kinda, my professors didn't really do anything new and it was a pretty laid back day. I had been reading the fifth Harry Potter book over the break and was determined to finish it soon so I spent most of the afternoon after homework reading that book. Tuesday was another pretty normal day in terms of school but I did get a very strange call from my mother wanting Matthew and I to come see her that night because she had something that she wanted to tell us. Scary. I knew my mom had been keeping something from me for a while and that night I was going to find out exactly what it was. I found out that my mother has the pre-stages of cancer and has to have a hysterectomy in order to get rid of all the bad cells. Please pray for my mother and her doctors so that they will have the ability to remove all of the bad cells that are in her body and that she will be strong throughout this whole ordeal. Today Matthew got off work early, we went for a walk around Lake Lynn and then went to eat dinner with my Grandma.

After everything that has gone on I just can't seem to get the thought that my mother is sick out of my head. I love her so much and she had been such a strong role model in my life. I don't know what I would do without her. She has been though so much these past few months and over the year last year that I feel so bad that she seems to have everything going wrong. I wish that I could do more for her and be there for her but there is nothing that I can do except wait and pray that everything goes well in her surgery. My mom always tries her best to protect me from anything that she feels will cause me stress but I sometimes wish that she would stop looking at me as her little girl and know that I can handle what she has to tell me. She tried to keep this all a secret from me because she didn't want to stress me out. I love her for that but if there is something serous going on I want to know about it. Please keep my mom in your prayers! I love you Momma!!

Comments

MATTHEW said…
IM PRAYING

Popular posts from this blog

long lost days and couch beds

So I have not been keeping up with this in the past few days considering I have been pretty busy. Thus I am going to do some quick over-views of the past few days so that I can get myself to bed. I haven't been sleeping all that well for a while now and I need to get my beauty rest. On Sunday Matthew and I went back to Grace Assembly (our old/home church) for the late service. We wanted to go back to Grace since we are doing the mission trip through them and they were having a young adult meeting after church. The young adults meeting was pretty great. We went to Forks Cafeteria in downtown Wake Forest and had a room to ourselves reserved. I love getting everyone together. There are always great conversations. After we ate we had a little talk about getting young adults going again and about this new adopt a school program that they wanted us to get involved in. I am feeling pretty siked about the adopt a school program because it is with a middle school and we would get ...

To Start Again

Hello everyone! I know, I know, it has been a REALLY long time since I last posted anything here.  We have since been in Great Lakes, IL for a little over 2 years now and I feel like we have made ourselves a comfortable home and extended group of friends that are like family in the area.  But of course, like true Navy fashion, and God's design for life, nothing goes according to plan. I thought here in Great Lakes there would be little to no chance of Matthew ever getting deployed. God had a different plan.  Long story short, he is now deployed overseas and has been for almost 3 months.  He will be back sometime around May 2019 (that's about 10 months total). I've been having a lot of thoughts about how my days and plan are escaping me and I have trouble remembering what I've did yesterday let alone last week.  And so, I've decided to try and take back up on the blogging.  Hopefully it will be therapeutic for me and as well as help me when I want to ...

Priest Pools Hike

This weekend has been a packed weekend for outdoor activities.  About time too since we haven't been able to get outside and enjoy the weather with all the raining that we had last week.  On Saturday morning we woke up early and went to a community yard sale that was being held in the gym on base.  Found a blender, small food processor and some picture frames. After the yard sale we came back to the house to eat a big breakfast and get ready for our first official hike on Guam!  We decided that we were going to tackle the Priest Pools Hike first because it is labeled as an easy hike in our "Best Tracks on Guam" book.  We packed up our hiking gear and put on our boots to head out but first we had to go to the exchange to get a camera more suited for the type of terrain we were going to be encountering.  We have a nice canon camera but it is much to big and breakable to go on hikes.  We got a military bundle deal on a camera that is not only shock proo...