Skip to main content

throbbing feet and delivery pizza

Today Matthew and I had this wonderful idea that since we did not have anything planned for our Saturday that we would go for a walk. It started off with just a walk around the lake off from our apartment and ended up with us walking all the way to Crabtree Valley Mall. For those of you that don't know, the mall is about 5 miles away from the apartment. We were all hyped up that we were going to walk to the mall and eat some lunch then go to best buy to look at receivers for speakers that we may get from my brother. The walk down there was not to bad. It took us a little under an hour to get down to the mall. The last stretch I have to say was the worst for me because Matthew was walking faster since he knew that we were almost there. We took a go amount of time eating and sitting down in the mall so that we could relax a little. By this time I was in a little bit of pain from all the walking on hard pavement with shoes that I don't wear all that often. The part that I was dreading was the walk back. I was so dreading it that I convinced Matthew to check out the bus schedule to see when the next bus to our area would be coming through. Turns out that the next bus would be there in over an hour...less than what it took us to walk there.

Thus with all that said and done, and all my options of all other ways home were ruled out, we headed out on our journey home. Basically this was the worst part of the day and I got really frustrated with the whole situation. My feet were soar, my knees were aching (talk about getting old), and all my energy had been sucked out of me. Let's just say that I probably was not the best person to be around at about that time. My lovely husband, bless his heart, tried his best to cheer me up with ice cream. The only thing was that he got the exact ice cream that I told him (but he didn't hear me) I did not like. Oh well. We took a few breaks and in the end we made it home. As soon as we got home I took off my socks and shoes and laid down on the coach and haven't really gotten up but about 3 times the rest of the night.

We went ahead and ordered pizza for dinner and watched a couple movies. Now my husband has drawn me a hot bath since my body is not quite agreeing with me. I shall be going to enjoy that now!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bathe in Epsom salt. Helps to 'pull out' the soreness. True. Next time at the grocery or drug store, pick some up and store in your bathroom closet. Then you'll be ready for that next sore occasion.

Popular posts from this blog

long lost days and couch beds

So I have not been keeping up with this in the past few days considering I have been pretty busy. Thus I am going to do some quick over-views of the past few days so that I can get myself to bed. I haven't been sleeping all that well for a while now and I need to get my beauty rest. On Sunday Matthew and I went back to Grace Assembly (our old/home church) for the late service. We wanted to go back to Grace since we are doing the mission trip through them and they were having a young adult meeting after church. The young adults meeting was pretty great. We went to Forks Cafeteria in downtown Wake Forest and had a room to ourselves reserved. I love getting everyone together. There are always great conversations. After we ate we had a little talk about getting young adults going again and about this new adopt a school program that they wanted us to get involved in. I am feeling pretty siked about the adopt a school program because it is with a middle school and we would get ...

To Start Again

Hello everyone! I know, I know, it has been a REALLY long time since I last posted anything here.  We have since been in Great Lakes, IL for a little over 2 years now and I feel like we have made ourselves a comfortable home and extended group of friends that are like family in the area.  But of course, like true Navy fashion, and God's design for life, nothing goes according to plan. I thought here in Great Lakes there would be little to no chance of Matthew ever getting deployed. God had a different plan.  Long story short, he is now deployed overseas and has been for almost 3 months.  He will be back sometime around May 2019 (that's about 10 months total). I've been having a lot of thoughts about how my days and plan are escaping me and I have trouble remembering what I've did yesterday let alone last week.  And so, I've decided to try and take back up on the blogging.  Hopefully it will be therapeutic for me and as well as help me when I want to ...

Priest Pools Hike

This weekend has been a packed weekend for outdoor activities.  About time too since we haven't been able to get outside and enjoy the weather with all the raining that we had last week.  On Saturday morning we woke up early and went to a community yard sale that was being held in the gym on base.  Found a blender, small food processor and some picture frames. After the yard sale we came back to the house to eat a big breakfast and get ready for our first official hike on Guam!  We decided that we were going to tackle the Priest Pools Hike first because it is labeled as an easy hike in our "Best Tracks on Guam" book.  We packed up our hiking gear and put on our boots to head out but first we had to go to the exchange to get a camera more suited for the type of terrain we were going to be encountering.  We have a nice canon camera but it is much to big and breakable to go on hikes.  We got a military bundle deal on a camera that is not only shock proo...