Skip to main content

creativity and coupons

Ah Fridays. You gotta love 'em. On Fridays this semester I only have one 11:00am class (Biology and Society)and after that I am totally free to enjoy my early start of the weekend. Although, with my many responsibilities I tend to have a few errands that have to be taken care of after classes. Nothing different today. After class I went to eat lunch with my husband. I do this most every Monday, Wednesday and Friday because he has lunch at 12:00 and it is easier for me to go eat with him and then go back to school for my next class than it is to go all the way back to the apartment. Plus it is always nice to be able to see him in the middle of my day!

After lunch I had to get some things settled for the fundraiser that we are having to raise money for the missions trip that we will be going this summer. We are taking a trip to Montana to work with youth from six different Native American tribes. We are extremely excited and know that God wants us to be on this trip. Thus we are trusting him to provide all $1700 dollars that is needed to fund the trip. Our first fundraiser is selling coupon books for different restaurants and entertainment areas around the triangle. They are definitely worth the money cause they basically pay for themselves and then some with all the deals in them. But back to what happened today...I had to gather equipment for our fundraiser. I gathered poster-board, a table, chairs, and envelopes. The poster-board is to notify people of what exactly we are doing when we are sitting outside of the Walmart. The table and chairs are from Nina (my mom's mom) and are obviously for sitting outside of Walmart. The envelopes are for the many different support letters that we are going to send out to all of our family and friends. The letter that I typed up today also!

After all of that I feel very accomplished today. To top it all off there is parmesan chicken in the oven and my husband will be home in about 15 minutes. Thus I will be signing out now. Until next time.

Comments

Matthew said…
Hey this one is really good. I feel ya on the trusting that God will provide all the funds necessary for our missions trip, plus it says in the bible that I can do all things though Christ who strengthens me. That verse keeps me going everyday.

Popular posts from this blog

long lost days and couch beds

So I have not been keeping up with this in the past few days considering I have been pretty busy. Thus I am going to do some quick over-views of the past few days so that I can get myself to bed. I haven't been sleeping all that well for a while now and I need to get my beauty rest. On Sunday Matthew and I went back to Grace Assembly (our old/home church) for the late service. We wanted to go back to Grace since we are doing the mission trip through them and they were having a young adult meeting after church. The young adults meeting was pretty great. We went to Forks Cafeteria in downtown Wake Forest and had a room to ourselves reserved. I love getting everyone together. There are always great conversations. After we ate we had a little talk about getting young adults going again and about this new adopt a school program that they wanted us to get involved in. I am feeling pretty siked about the adopt a school program because it is with a middle school and we would get ...

To Start Again

Hello everyone! I know, I know, it has been a REALLY long time since I last posted anything here.  We have since been in Great Lakes, IL for a little over 2 years now and I feel like we have made ourselves a comfortable home and extended group of friends that are like family in the area.  But of course, like true Navy fashion, and God's design for life, nothing goes according to plan. I thought here in Great Lakes there would be little to no chance of Matthew ever getting deployed. God had a different plan.  Long story short, he is now deployed overseas and has been for almost 3 months.  He will be back sometime around May 2019 (that's about 10 months total). I've been having a lot of thoughts about how my days and plan are escaping me and I have trouble remembering what I've did yesterday let alone last week.  And so, I've decided to try and take back up on the blogging.  Hopefully it will be therapeutic for me and as well as help me when I want to ...

Priest Pools Hike

This weekend has been a packed weekend for outdoor activities.  About time too since we haven't been able to get outside and enjoy the weather with all the raining that we had last week.  On Saturday morning we woke up early and went to a community yard sale that was being held in the gym on base.  Found a blender, small food processor and some picture frames. After the yard sale we came back to the house to eat a big breakfast and get ready for our first official hike on Guam!  We decided that we were going to tackle the Priest Pools Hike first because it is labeled as an easy hike in our "Best Tracks on Guam" book.  We packed up our hiking gear and put on our boots to head out but first we had to go to the exchange to get a camera more suited for the type of terrain we were going to be encountering.  We have a nice canon camera but it is much to big and breakable to go on hikes.  We got a military bundle deal on a camera that is not only shock proo...