Skip to main content

hair cuts and laziness

Man oh man have I got a story to go down in the books today!! OK so today is one of the first Saturdays that Matthew and I have had absolutely free of things to do in a while. So what do we decide to do? Be lazy of course! The morning started off great with Matthew making us pancakes for breakfast and then it moved right along into our laziness. We decided to be a little bit productive because it was about time for Matthew to have his hair cut. I am his own personal barber, or so I thought. There was a bit of an incident with the hair clippers that I bought him for Christmas. First off there was the fact that I forgot to put the guard on the clippers before I started to cut his hair. Thus there was a little bit to much hair cut off in the back! I felt so bad about this because I felt like I ruined his hair. Normally I am a great barber, honest. Matthew, however, being the amazing husband that he is, did not get mad in the slightest. He actually thought that it was funny! He made me feel so much better about my little mistake. The second incident with the clippers led to an even more dramatic ending. The darn things would not cut more than a centimeter at a time without pulling his hair out of his head! I had to stop. And we went to Great Clips!! We both got hair cuts and Matthew's looks great. You can't even tell that I had a little mess up.

But yeah today has been a great day. We got a couple redbox movies and came back to the apartment. More laziness and spaghetti for dinner! What a wonderful day of laughs and excitement with my husband! Wish every day could be like today (without the hair woes).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

long lost days and couch beds

So I have not been keeping up with this in the past few days considering I have been pretty busy. Thus I am going to do some quick over-views of the past few days so that I can get myself to bed. I haven't been sleeping all that well for a while now and I need to get my beauty rest. On Sunday Matthew and I went back to Grace Assembly (our old/home church) for the late service. We wanted to go back to Grace since we are doing the mission trip through them and they were having a young adult meeting after church. The young adults meeting was pretty great. We went to Forks Cafeteria in downtown Wake Forest and had a room to ourselves reserved. I love getting everyone together. There are always great conversations. After we ate we had a little talk about getting young adults going again and about this new adopt a school program that they wanted us to get involved in. I am feeling pretty siked about the adopt a school program because it is with a middle school and we would get ...

To Start Again

Hello everyone! I know, I know, it has been a REALLY long time since I last posted anything here.  We have since been in Great Lakes, IL for a little over 2 years now and I feel like we have made ourselves a comfortable home and extended group of friends that are like family in the area.  But of course, like true Navy fashion, and God's design for life, nothing goes according to plan. I thought here in Great Lakes there would be little to no chance of Matthew ever getting deployed. God had a different plan.  Long story short, he is now deployed overseas and has been for almost 3 months.  He will be back sometime around May 2019 (that's about 10 months total). I've been having a lot of thoughts about how my days and plan are escaping me and I have trouble remembering what I've did yesterday let alone last week.  And so, I've decided to try and take back up on the blogging.  Hopefully it will be therapeutic for me and as well as help me when I want to ...

Priest Pools Hike

This weekend has been a packed weekend for outdoor activities.  About time too since we haven't been able to get outside and enjoy the weather with all the raining that we had last week.  On Saturday morning we woke up early and went to a community yard sale that was being held in the gym on base.  Found a blender, small food processor and some picture frames. After the yard sale we came back to the house to eat a big breakfast and get ready for our first official hike on Guam!  We decided that we were going to tackle the Priest Pools Hike first because it is labeled as an easy hike in our "Best Tracks on Guam" book.  We packed up our hiking gear and put on our boots to head out but first we had to go to the exchange to get a camera more suited for the type of terrain we were going to be encountering.  We have a nice canon camera but it is much to big and breakable to go on hikes.  We got a military bundle deal on a camera that is not only shock proo...