Skip to main content

Seated with Christ: An Imaginative Activity


This post is from an imaginative activity prompted from the book "Seated with Christ" by Heather Holleman.  The question posed was: "As an imaginative exercise, describe your seat in the heavenly realms with as precise and vivid detail as possible.  What do you see, hear, smell, taste and feel?  What are you wearing?  What are you experiencing in your mind?"  The following is my answer:

I'm seated, comfortable and relaxed.  I have no worries.  All I can physically do is sit and stare at the majesty that is my most indescribable Lord that sits before me.  The most magnificent smells of the Earth can not compare to the wondrous smells that permeate the air here.  They remind me of some of my favorite smells on Earth such as lavender, the beach and pine wood needles; but there is something else entirely in the air that I can not put words to.  The songs of angels saturate the air but seem to fade into the background at the same time.  The music seems to reverberate into my very soul and makes my heavenly body consumed with worship tot he magnificent savior that is mere feet away from me.  He shares a table with me!  He saved a spot at His table for me!  A humble follower dressed in a simple white lace dress that modestly covers my new, flawless and perfect body.  Free from all blemishes, scares and hurts both physically and mentally.  I am now in my true form.  The beauty that my Savior always saw in me is now visible to myself as well.  I am both overwhelmed and overcome with Peace, His Peace, at this revelation.  At the table is everything that I ever desired on Earth but put on the back burner to pursue Him.  These are my rewards, my treasures are in Heaven at the table where Jesus saved me a place.  All the desires of my heart were fulfilled by Him. I am seated with Christ.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

long lost days and couch beds

So I have not been keeping up with this in the past few days considering I have been pretty busy. Thus I am going to do some quick over-views of the past few days so that I can get myself to bed. I haven't been sleeping all that well for a while now and I need to get my beauty rest. On Sunday Matthew and I went back to Grace Assembly (our old/home church) for the late service. We wanted to go back to Grace since we are doing the mission trip through them and they were having a young adult meeting after church. The young adults meeting was pretty great. We went to Forks Cafeteria in downtown Wake Forest and had a room to ourselves reserved. I love getting everyone together. There are always great conversations. After we ate we had a little talk about getting young adults going again and about this new adopt a school program that they wanted us to get involved in. I am feeling pretty siked about the adopt a school program because it is with a middle school and we would get ...

To Start Again

Hello everyone! I know, I know, it has been a REALLY long time since I last posted anything here.  We have since been in Great Lakes, IL for a little over 2 years now and I feel like we have made ourselves a comfortable home and extended group of friends that are like family in the area.  But of course, like true Navy fashion, and God's design for life, nothing goes according to plan. I thought here in Great Lakes there would be little to no chance of Matthew ever getting deployed. God had a different plan.  Long story short, he is now deployed overseas and has been for almost 3 months.  He will be back sometime around May 2019 (that's about 10 months total). I've been having a lot of thoughts about how my days and plan are escaping me and I have trouble remembering what I've did yesterday let alone last week.  And so, I've decided to try and take back up on the blogging.  Hopefully it will be therapeutic for me and as well as help me when I want to ...

Priest Pools Hike

This weekend has been a packed weekend for outdoor activities.  About time too since we haven't been able to get outside and enjoy the weather with all the raining that we had last week.  On Saturday morning we woke up early and went to a community yard sale that was being held in the gym on base.  Found a blender, small food processor and some picture frames. After the yard sale we came back to the house to eat a big breakfast and get ready for our first official hike on Guam!  We decided that we were going to tackle the Priest Pools Hike first because it is labeled as an easy hike in our "Best Tracks on Guam" book.  We packed up our hiking gear and put on our boots to head out but first we had to go to the exchange to get a camera more suited for the type of terrain we were going to be encountering.  We have a nice canon camera but it is much to big and breakable to go on hikes.  We got a military bundle deal on a camera that is not only shock proo...