Skip to main content

April Update

I thought that since I had not given an update in a while that is was about time I did.  So I am going to tell you what has been going on this past month.

Matthew First  (because his is shorter than mine):

Matthew had his certification test this past month as well as his E4 qualification exam.  He took the E4 exam before he had certification tests.  The E4 exam has a lot to do with why he was assigned to unaccompanied travel to Guam.  He was supposed to be ranked up to an E4 before he could be sent overseas as a accompanied traveler.  (If that doesn't make sense to you...join the club)  But, luckily  Matthew feels like he did well on the exam so hopefully he will be ranked up to an E4 and there won't be any controversy over me joining him in Guam.  Then there's the certification tests; these are the tests that he takes at the school for learning how to be a Naval K9 handler.  Matthew feels that he did really well on these tests and he is now in what they call 'block two' of the school.  This is where he learns more stuff but is basically guaranteed to graduate the school.  Other than that, Matthew's doing well and enjoying the time that he has there and everything that he is learning.

Now me (Jennifer):

I am still in VA Beach.  I had been working a temporary position at a car dealership as an administrative assistant.  It was only supposed to last 2 weeks but it ended up lasting for 4 weeks!  So it worked out really well.  The job is now over and I am spending most of my time trying to get everything straight with overseas health screening.  For those of you that do not know, I have a condition that I was born with that is called 'nail-patella syndrome'.  It has never caused me any health problems and the only symptoms that I have ever had from the syndrome are that I don't have thumb nails or knee caps.  After my doctor at the naval clinic went through my medical history and I told her about the syndrome she conceded that she did not know what it was and proceeded to require me to go to many specialist weeks and weeks later.  Thus, I have had at least one doctors appointment every week since I have come to VA Beach, on the Navy's dime thank goodness.  With that said, you can probably imagine that I am sick of all the doctors.  I am going to visit Matthew at the end of the month and will be staying with him until he graduated on May 7th.  Hopefully during that time we are hoping to get more clarity on whether I will be able to go to Guam with Matthew or if I will have to wait until after he has already gone.

There will be more to come when there is ore to update on.  (Hopefully sooner than later.)

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

long lost days and couch beds

So I have not been keeping up with this in the past few days considering I have been pretty busy. Thus I am going to do some quick over-views of the past few days so that I can get myself to bed. I haven't been sleeping all that well for a while now and I need to get my beauty rest. On Sunday Matthew and I went back to Grace Assembly (our old/home church) for the late service. We wanted to go back to Grace since we are doing the mission trip through them and they were having a young adult meeting after church. The young adults meeting was pretty great. We went to Forks Cafeteria in downtown Wake Forest and had a room to ourselves reserved. I love getting everyone together. There are always great conversations. After we ate we had a little talk about getting young adults going again and about this new adopt a school program that they wanted us to get involved in. I am feeling pretty siked about the adopt a school program because it is with a middle school and we would get ...

To Start Again

Hello everyone! I know, I know, it has been a REALLY long time since I last posted anything here.  We have since been in Great Lakes, IL for a little over 2 years now and I feel like we have made ourselves a comfortable home and extended group of friends that are like family in the area.  But of course, like true Navy fashion, and God's design for life, nothing goes according to plan. I thought here in Great Lakes there would be little to no chance of Matthew ever getting deployed. God had a different plan.  Long story short, he is now deployed overseas and has been for almost 3 months.  He will be back sometime around May 2019 (that's about 10 months total). I've been having a lot of thoughts about how my days and plan are escaping me and I have trouble remembering what I've did yesterday let alone last week.  And so, I've decided to try and take back up on the blogging.  Hopefully it will be therapeutic for me and as well as help me when I want to ...

Priest Pools Hike

This weekend has been a packed weekend for outdoor activities.  About time too since we haven't been able to get outside and enjoy the weather with all the raining that we had last week.  On Saturday morning we woke up early and went to a community yard sale that was being held in the gym on base.  Found a blender, small food processor and some picture frames. After the yard sale we came back to the house to eat a big breakfast and get ready for our first official hike on Guam!  We decided that we were going to tackle the Priest Pools Hike first because it is labeled as an easy hike in our "Best Tracks on Guam" book.  We packed up our hiking gear and put on our boots to head out but first we had to go to the exchange to get a camera more suited for the type of terrain we were going to be encountering.  We have a nice canon camera but it is much to big and breakable to go on hikes.  We got a military bundle deal on a camera that is not only shock proo...