Skip to main content

worst monday ever! (5/24/10)

So as my title says, last Monday was one of the worst Mondays that I have had in a long time. It started off early in the morning, 7:30 am, and if you know me then you know that is not a good time of morning for me to be waking anyway. But that had little to do with the bad day. I had to drive up to Louisburg to get my mom's prescription from her doctor's office because she was in SC with my Nina. Nina had been in the hospital since Thursday with complications that they could not quite pinpoint. So I set out early to get the paper that would allow me to get the prescription filled so that I could meet my Aunt at 10:30 when she was going to leave for SC.

About half way through my journey to the doctor's office my car started making weird noises and shaking slightly. I called Matthew with a slight air of laughter in my voice and told him that if I broke down that he would have to call in late to work. Mind you I did not think anything of it because didn't think it would really happen. About ten minutes later it happened! My car suddenly started shaking uncontrollably and then suddenly my entire left front tire separated from my car and rolled across the line of oncoming traffic, nearly hitting another car. It continued to roll through the ditch and right into the pond on the other side of the street. All the while I was skidding on the road and over onto the shoulder and finally into the grass.

Needless to say I called Matthew back and he showed up about thirty minutes later. I had to take the Jeep and get to the doctor's office while Matthew waited for the tow truck to pick up the car. I was still a little freaked out about what had happened and the doctor's office was making me wait for an extra long time so I basically broke down in the waiting room in front of about 8 other people. I bet they thought that I was going crazy or something! But I finally got the prescription and took it to my aunt. Matthew waited even longer than I did for the tow truck and ended up having to pay $150 for the tow since we didn't have the registration on us. But after all of that we got the car to my dad's and he said that he would work on it for us.

We ended up leaving my dad's house when it was still morning time! After all of that Matthew was able to get back to work around the same time that he would be coming back from his lunch break. And now I am without a vehicle for a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

long lost days and couch beds

So I have not been keeping up with this in the past few days considering I have been pretty busy. Thus I am going to do some quick over-views of the past few days so that I can get myself to bed. I haven't been sleeping all that well for a while now and I need to get my beauty rest. On Sunday Matthew and I went back to Grace Assembly (our old/home church) for the late service. We wanted to go back to Grace since we are doing the mission trip through them and they were having a young adult meeting after church. The young adults meeting was pretty great. We went to Forks Cafeteria in downtown Wake Forest and had a room to ourselves reserved. I love getting everyone together. There are always great conversations. After we ate we had a little talk about getting young adults going again and about this new adopt a school program that they wanted us to get involved in. I am feeling pretty siked about the adopt a school program because it is with a middle school and we would get ...

To Start Again

Hello everyone! I know, I know, it has been a REALLY long time since I last posted anything here.  We have since been in Great Lakes, IL for a little over 2 years now and I feel like we have made ourselves a comfortable home and extended group of friends that are like family in the area.  But of course, like true Navy fashion, and God's design for life, nothing goes according to plan. I thought here in Great Lakes there would be little to no chance of Matthew ever getting deployed. God had a different plan.  Long story short, he is now deployed overseas and has been for almost 3 months.  He will be back sometime around May 2019 (that's about 10 months total). I've been having a lot of thoughts about how my days and plan are escaping me and I have trouble remembering what I've did yesterday let alone last week.  And so, I've decided to try and take back up on the blogging.  Hopefully it will be therapeutic for me and as well as help me when I want to ...

Priest Pools Hike

This weekend has been a packed weekend for outdoor activities.  About time too since we haven't been able to get outside and enjoy the weather with all the raining that we had last week.  On Saturday morning we woke up early and went to a community yard sale that was being held in the gym on base.  Found a blender, small food processor and some picture frames. After the yard sale we came back to the house to eat a big breakfast and get ready for our first official hike on Guam!  We decided that we were going to tackle the Priest Pools Hike first because it is labeled as an easy hike in our "Best Tracks on Guam" book.  We packed up our hiking gear and put on our boots to head out but first we had to go to the exchange to get a camera more suited for the type of terrain we were going to be encountering.  We have a nice canon camera but it is much to big and breakable to go on hikes.  We got a military bundle deal on a camera that is not only shock proo...