Skip to main content

Halloween in Guam

Last night was our first Halloween here in Guam.  We stocked up on the candy because he had been told by multiple people that since there were so many kids in our neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods that we would see a lot of trick-or-treaters.  We started with two big bags of candy and then a couple days before Halloween went out and got one more big bag "just in case."  So we felt like we were prepared enough to handle all the kids that we would told we were going to be getting on Halloween night.

That brings us to last night.  Matthew and I dressed up in our Halloween costumes (because why should we let the kids have all the fun!?) and put some candles out in our medal pumpkins.  In case you missed a previous post, we did actually carve real pumpkins for Halloween but they lasted all of two days here with the humidity.  So we had our pumpkins out and lit, we had our costumes on and we were ready for the trick-or-treaters!  The time that was sent around to everyone on base for the kids to start was from 6pm until 8pm.  Imagine our surprise when we had three of the cutest little kids ring our doorbell at 5:30!  Oh well the night was getting an early start.  We were dressed as pirates and so the only logical thing to have playing in the back ground was the movie "Pirates of the Caribbean."  We watched that movie while we were waiting to hand out more candy to the kids.  We saw some really cute costumes but my favorite was a little boy who couldn't have been over 1.5 years old in a homemade scuba diver costume!  It was ADORABLE!  We also had one little kid that would not come and get his candy because he was so scared of us! Also, we got our picture taken with one group of kids because they thought our costumes were so cool!  Yepp we were awesome too!

We had been told to expect a lot of kids so we were expecting them....but, we only got 16 total.  After a brief rain storm that lasted from about 7-7:20 there weren't too many kids out anymore.  We had one more set of kids come through around 7:40 but after that the night was dead.  We only got 16 kids!!  And now we have half a cauldron (those candy buckets) full of candy and no idea what to do with it all.  I know if it just sits out that I am going to be munching on it all the time, and I don't want that!  Overall it was a fun night and we enjoyed seeing all the little kids dressed up.  Here are some pictures of Matthew and I in our costumes.





Oh and here is a picture of the Dirt that I made for our own special Halloween treat.


Thanks for reading and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!


Comments

Anonymous said…
I think Matthew's pants are my favorite!

Popular posts from this blog

long lost days and couch beds

So I have not been keeping up with this in the past few days considering I have been pretty busy. Thus I am going to do some quick over-views of the past few days so that I can get myself to bed. I haven't been sleeping all that well for a while now and I need to get my beauty rest. On Sunday Matthew and I went back to Grace Assembly (our old/home church) for the late service. We wanted to go back to Grace since we are doing the mission trip through them and they were having a young adult meeting after church. The young adults meeting was pretty great. We went to Forks Cafeteria in downtown Wake Forest and had a room to ourselves reserved. I love getting everyone together. There are always great conversations. After we ate we had a little talk about getting young adults going again and about this new adopt a school program that they wanted us to get involved in. I am feeling pretty siked about the adopt a school program because it is with a middle school and we would get ...

To Start Again

Hello everyone! I know, I know, it has been a REALLY long time since I last posted anything here.  We have since been in Great Lakes, IL for a little over 2 years now and I feel like we have made ourselves a comfortable home and extended group of friends that are like family in the area.  But of course, like true Navy fashion, and God's design for life, nothing goes according to plan. I thought here in Great Lakes there would be little to no chance of Matthew ever getting deployed. God had a different plan.  Long story short, he is now deployed overseas and has been for almost 3 months.  He will be back sometime around May 2019 (that's about 10 months total). I've been having a lot of thoughts about how my days and plan are escaping me and I have trouble remembering what I've did yesterday let alone last week.  And so, I've decided to try and take back up on the blogging.  Hopefully it will be therapeutic for me and as well as help me when I want to ...

Priest Pools Hike

This weekend has been a packed weekend for outdoor activities.  About time too since we haven't been able to get outside and enjoy the weather with all the raining that we had last week.  On Saturday morning we woke up early and went to a community yard sale that was being held in the gym on base.  Found a blender, small food processor and some picture frames. After the yard sale we came back to the house to eat a big breakfast and get ready for our first official hike on Guam!  We decided that we were going to tackle the Priest Pools Hike first because it is labeled as an easy hike in our "Best Tracks on Guam" book.  We packed up our hiking gear and put on our boots to head out but first we had to go to the exchange to get a camera more suited for the type of terrain we were going to be encountering.  We have a nice canon camera but it is much to big and breakable to go on hikes.  We got a military bundle deal on a camera that is not only shock proo...