Skip to main content

Snorkeling...First Underwater Shots!

So this weekend we actually got some decent weather for a day!  Matthew and I ventured over to GabGab Beach and went snorkeling on Saturday morning.  The weather had been so wet for so long that we hadn't been out snorkeling in a while!  But we finally got some weather that looked good:


Blue skies with very little cloud coverage!  Just the way we like our snorkeling days!

So we loaded up all of our gear and a few things to enjoy the sun with and headed into the water.


Our new camera can be fully submerged in water for up to 120 minutes at a time so we took it out with us to get some pictures of the life under the surface.  Thought you guys might like to see some of the awesome coral life that we see all over the place out there.  Now granted this is our first time using this camera underwater, some of the pictures might now be of great quality but we will get better with practice.  Some of them actually turned out really well.  It was hard to see the screen of the camera under the water so looking at the pictures later was kind of treat for us too.  So here they are:


























So overall a pretty good time out exploring the reefs of Guam.  Saw some awesome fish and coral life and got a good work out as well.  Spent some time laying around on the beach reading, sunbathing and talking with Matthew before we headed back to the house.  Hope you enjoyed all of our pictures! :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

long lost days and couch beds

So I have not been keeping up with this in the past few days considering I have been pretty busy. Thus I am going to do some quick over-views of the past few days so that I can get myself to bed. I haven't been sleeping all that well for a while now and I need to get my beauty rest. On Sunday Matthew and I went back to Grace Assembly (our old/home church) for the late service. We wanted to go back to Grace since we are doing the mission trip through them and they were having a young adult meeting after church. The young adults meeting was pretty great. We went to Forks Cafeteria in downtown Wake Forest and had a room to ourselves reserved. I love getting everyone together. There are always great conversations. After we ate we had a little talk about getting young adults going again and about this new adopt a school program that they wanted us to get involved in. I am feeling pretty siked about the adopt a school program because it is with a middle school and we would get ...

To Start Again

Hello everyone! I know, I know, it has been a REALLY long time since I last posted anything here.  We have since been in Great Lakes, IL for a little over 2 years now and I feel like we have made ourselves a comfortable home and extended group of friends that are like family in the area.  But of course, like true Navy fashion, and God's design for life, nothing goes according to plan. I thought here in Great Lakes there would be little to no chance of Matthew ever getting deployed. God had a different plan.  Long story short, he is now deployed overseas and has been for almost 3 months.  He will be back sometime around May 2019 (that's about 10 months total). I've been having a lot of thoughts about how my days and plan are escaping me and I have trouble remembering what I've did yesterday let alone last week.  And so, I've decided to try and take back up on the blogging.  Hopefully it will be therapeutic for me and as well as help me when I want to ...

Priest Pools Hike

This weekend has been a packed weekend for outdoor activities.  About time too since we haven't been able to get outside and enjoy the weather with all the raining that we had last week.  On Saturday morning we woke up early and went to a community yard sale that was being held in the gym on base.  Found a blender, small food processor and some picture frames. After the yard sale we came back to the house to eat a big breakfast and get ready for our first official hike on Guam!  We decided that we were going to tackle the Priest Pools Hike first because it is labeled as an easy hike in our "Best Tracks on Guam" book.  We packed up our hiking gear and put on our boots to head out but first we had to go to the exchange to get a camera more suited for the type of terrain we were going to be encountering.  We have a nice canon camera but it is much to big and breakable to go on hikes.  We got a military bundle deal on a camera that is not only shock proo...