Skip to main content

Just A Little Ranting

So I have ranted to Matthew about this a few time but I feel like putting it out there for all to know:  I can NOT find a job here in Guam to save my life!  Not that there aren't any options or that I have not applied...oh no...I have applied for about 10 different jobs here on base since I got here in August!  I am especially upset with the DODEA (department of defense education activity) school system here on Guam because that is the very first job that I applied for within a couple weeks of arriving on Guam and I still have not gotten the "simple background check" e-mail to complete.  Yeah that receptionist said that it would come in about a week .... that was about 2 months ago now.  But I do have to give her some credit, it's not her fault.  Who ever is in charge of doing these background checks has not been doing their job very well because she has called me a couple times now wondering if I have gotten the background check email yet.

But anyways, I have been hanging around at home twiddling my thumbs and filling out more and more job applications just WAITING for SOMETHING to come through!  At this point I would be happy with the housekeeping position that I applied for!!  Yes I have a BA in Mathematics and I applied for a housekeeping job just for something to do and earn a little cash while my husband is at work.

I mean really this is getting ridiculous!!  I know that I was told that everything here runs on "Island Time" or "Guam Time" but it makes me wonder how anything gets done here when I have been waiting around for this long and haven't so much as gotten an interview!  I am starting to look off base at other jobs that I know are probably going to be even less likely to happen just because I am not a local but hey, what else can I do!?

Matthew and I have even volunteered our time to the USO here and they have these modules that are supposed to be completed so that you can volunteer.  Well guess what:  the USO workers haven't cleared us so that we can take the modules yet...what does that mean....I can't even volunteer my time!  AHHH!!  I am getting a little frustrated with this place right now.  If you can't already tell.  I am not a very good stay at home wife.  Yeah I get the house looking good and I cook the meals but that really only takes a few hours because I do it EVERYDAY!  I need a kid or something to occupy my time! lol.

I am trying to find other ways to earn some cash and spend some time.  For example:  I have created a tutoring flier that I am going to put up around the base and hope someone needs a math tutor.  If you guys have any other suggestions for someone who really wants a job and at this point would do anything, short of selling my moral values, let me know!

OK, I thing that i am done ranting now.  Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

long lost days and couch beds

So I have not been keeping up with this in the past few days considering I have been pretty busy. Thus I am going to do some quick over-views of the past few days so that I can get myself to bed. I haven't been sleeping all that well for a while now and I need to get my beauty rest. On Sunday Matthew and I went back to Grace Assembly (our old/home church) for the late service. We wanted to go back to Grace since we are doing the mission trip through them and they were having a young adult meeting after church. The young adults meeting was pretty great. We went to Forks Cafeteria in downtown Wake Forest and had a room to ourselves reserved. I love getting everyone together. There are always great conversations. After we ate we had a little talk about getting young adults going again and about this new adopt a school program that they wanted us to get involved in. I am feeling pretty siked about the adopt a school program because it is with a middle school and we would get ...

To Start Again

Hello everyone! I know, I know, it has been a REALLY long time since I last posted anything here.  We have since been in Great Lakes, IL for a little over 2 years now and I feel like we have made ourselves a comfortable home and extended group of friends that are like family in the area.  But of course, like true Navy fashion, and God's design for life, nothing goes according to plan. I thought here in Great Lakes there would be little to no chance of Matthew ever getting deployed. God had a different plan.  Long story short, he is now deployed overseas and has been for almost 3 months.  He will be back sometime around May 2019 (that's about 10 months total). I've been having a lot of thoughts about how my days and plan are escaping me and I have trouble remembering what I've did yesterday let alone last week.  And so, I've decided to try and take back up on the blogging.  Hopefully it will be therapeutic for me and as well as help me when I want to ...

Priest Pools Hike

This weekend has been a packed weekend for outdoor activities.  About time too since we haven't been able to get outside and enjoy the weather with all the raining that we had last week.  On Saturday morning we woke up early and went to a community yard sale that was being held in the gym on base.  Found a blender, small food processor and some picture frames. After the yard sale we came back to the house to eat a big breakfast and get ready for our first official hike on Guam!  We decided that we were going to tackle the Priest Pools Hike first because it is labeled as an easy hike in our "Best Tracks on Guam" book.  We packed up our hiking gear and put on our boots to head out but first we had to go to the exchange to get a camera more suited for the type of terrain we were going to be encountering.  We have a nice canon camera but it is much to big and breakable to go on hikes.  We got a military bundle deal on a camera that is not only shock proo...