Skip to main content

Rainy Thursday!

A rainy day here is nothing like a rainy day at home.  When it rains here all day you end up with rivers for roads and flooding in your backyard.  It has been raining non stop since I woke up this morning at 8:30 am.  And it was even raining before I woke up so I have no idea how many hours straight it has been raining.  But it is now 4pm and there is still no end in sight to the wet madness!  Here is a video of just how crazy it is out there:


Matthew and I spent the morning getting some good shopping in.  We went to Kmart, Ross, and the Commissary for food.  We did really well too and only got what we put on our shopping list.  Well, except for a couple to Halloween decorations!  But that is only because we know that we don't have any at all and we want to participate in Halloween this year.  We are going to give out candy to the little kiddies in our neighborhood.  We have been told that the tick-or-treaters are serious out here so we are getting prepared!

This week we also got the Jetta tinted so that the sun would not bake the inside of the car while we are here.  Tint is basically a necessity when living on Guam.  If you don't have it then you will be blinded by the sun when you drive and the car will be likely to reach temperatures up 130 degrees in the sun.  Now the Jetta is all pimped out because we got the darkest tint that was allowed on base!  Check out the picture:


On a different and much more exciting note:  OUR SHIPMENT OF HOUSEHOLD GOODS IS COMING IN ON MONDAY!!!   I am so excited that we are finally getting all of our stuff and will be able to make this house feel more like home.  I am mostly looking forward to decorating and being able to use more than one pot and one pan while cooking! :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

long lost days and couch beds

So I have not been keeping up with this in the past few days considering I have been pretty busy. Thus I am going to do some quick over-views of the past few days so that I can get myself to bed. I haven't been sleeping all that well for a while now and I need to get my beauty rest. On Sunday Matthew and I went back to Grace Assembly (our old/home church) for the late service. We wanted to go back to Grace since we are doing the mission trip through them and they were having a young adult meeting after church. The young adults meeting was pretty great. We went to Forks Cafeteria in downtown Wake Forest and had a room to ourselves reserved. I love getting everyone together. There are always great conversations. After we ate we had a little talk about getting young adults going again and about this new adopt a school program that they wanted us to get involved in. I am feeling pretty siked about the adopt a school program because it is with a middle school and we would get ...

To Start Again

Hello everyone! I know, I know, it has been a REALLY long time since I last posted anything here.  We have since been in Great Lakes, IL for a little over 2 years now and I feel like we have made ourselves a comfortable home and extended group of friends that are like family in the area.  But of course, like true Navy fashion, and God's design for life, nothing goes according to plan. I thought here in Great Lakes there would be little to no chance of Matthew ever getting deployed. God had a different plan.  Long story short, he is now deployed overseas and has been for almost 3 months.  He will be back sometime around May 2019 (that's about 10 months total). I've been having a lot of thoughts about how my days and plan are escaping me and I have trouble remembering what I've did yesterday let alone last week.  And so, I've decided to try and take back up on the blogging.  Hopefully it will be therapeutic for me and as well as help me when I want to ...

Priest Pools Hike

This weekend has been a packed weekend for outdoor activities.  About time too since we haven't been able to get outside and enjoy the weather with all the raining that we had last week.  On Saturday morning we woke up early and went to a community yard sale that was being held in the gym on base.  Found a blender, small food processor and some picture frames. After the yard sale we came back to the house to eat a big breakfast and get ready for our first official hike on Guam!  We decided that we were going to tackle the Priest Pools Hike first because it is labeled as an easy hike in our "Best Tracks on Guam" book.  We packed up our hiking gear and put on our boots to head out but first we had to go to the exchange to get a camera more suited for the type of terrain we were going to be encountering.  We have a nice canon camera but it is much to big and breakable to go on hikes.  We got a military bundle deal on a camera that is not only shock proo...