Skip to main content

House Hold Goods Have Arrived!

I know it has been a long time since I last put up a post but there really hasn't been much going on here besides a rain storm.  The Typhoon that hit China on Sunday left a tail end that is came over us and kept us in the rain for 5 days.  We ended up mostly watching movies and shopping around without actually buying much.

Then we got the news:  Our shipment of household goods would come in on Monday!  We were so excited to see that truck pull up in front of our house!  That excitement soon turned into a sense of being overwhelmed with all the boxes that were being somewhat strategically placed throughout our house.

It is now day 2 of the unpacking process and I can proudly say that all of the boxes have been unpacked (even if the stuff isn't all put away yet).  Day one consisted of mostly kitchen duty.  A friend of mine (Jackie) came over and helped me get through all the cleaning and organizing of the kitchen.  I think I ended up running the dish washer 5 times.  I also did alot of orgainzing the boxes into their respective rooms on Day 1.
Day 2 has been the unpacking and situating of everything else in the boxes.  I have done 4 loads of laundry and have 3 more to do until all of our linens and extra clothes are clean.  I have some pictures to show the before of what the house looked like when everything was brought in.

The  Living Room

The Kitchen

The Bar Area

The Dining Room

The Spare Bedroom

The Bedroom

Lots and Lots of boxes to go through.  An update on the progress will come soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

long lost days and couch beds

So I have not been keeping up with this in the past few days considering I have been pretty busy. Thus I am going to do some quick over-views of the past few days so that I can get myself to bed. I haven't been sleeping all that well for a while now and I need to get my beauty rest. On Sunday Matthew and I went back to Grace Assembly (our old/home church) for the late service. We wanted to go back to Grace since we are doing the mission trip through them and they were having a young adult meeting after church. The young adults meeting was pretty great. We went to Forks Cafeteria in downtown Wake Forest and had a room to ourselves reserved. I love getting everyone together. There are always great conversations. After we ate we had a little talk about getting young adults going again and about this new adopt a school program that they wanted us to get involved in. I am feeling pretty siked about the adopt a school program because it is with a middle school and we would get ...

To Start Again

Hello everyone! I know, I know, it has been a REALLY long time since I last posted anything here.  We have since been in Great Lakes, IL for a little over 2 years now and I feel like we have made ourselves a comfortable home and extended group of friends that are like family in the area.  But of course, like true Navy fashion, and God's design for life, nothing goes according to plan. I thought here in Great Lakes there would be little to no chance of Matthew ever getting deployed. God had a different plan.  Long story short, he is now deployed overseas and has been for almost 3 months.  He will be back sometime around May 2019 (that's about 10 months total). I've been having a lot of thoughts about how my days and plan are escaping me and I have trouble remembering what I've did yesterday let alone last week.  And so, I've decided to try and take back up on the blogging.  Hopefully it will be therapeutic for me and as well as help me when I want to ...

Priest Pools Hike

This weekend has been a packed weekend for outdoor activities.  About time too since we haven't been able to get outside and enjoy the weather with all the raining that we had last week.  On Saturday morning we woke up early and went to a community yard sale that was being held in the gym on base.  Found a blender, small food processor and some picture frames. After the yard sale we came back to the house to eat a big breakfast and get ready for our first official hike on Guam!  We decided that we were going to tackle the Priest Pools Hike first because it is labeled as an easy hike in our "Best Tracks on Guam" book.  We packed up our hiking gear and put on our boots to head out but first we had to go to the exchange to get a camera more suited for the type of terrain we were going to be encountering.  We have a nice canon camera but it is much to big and breakable to go on hikes.  We got a military bundle deal on a camera that is not only shock proo...