Skip to main content

Priest Pools Hike

This weekend has been a packed weekend for outdoor activities.  About time too since we haven't been able to get outside and enjoy the weather with all the raining that we had last week.  On Saturday morning we woke up early and went to a community yard sale that was being held in the gym on base.  Found a blender, small food processor and some picture frames.

After the yard sale we came back to the house to eat a big breakfast and get ready for our first official hike on Guam!  We decided that we were going to tackle the Priest Pools Hike first because it is labeled as an easy hike in our "Best Tracks on Guam" book.  We packed up our hiking gear and put on our boots to head out but first we had to go to the exchange to get a camera more suited for the type of terrain we were going to be encountering.  We have a nice canon camera but it is much to big and breakable to go on hikes.  We got a military bundle deal on a camera that is not only shock proof and shatter proof but it is also water resistant!  So that is the camera that we will be using on hikes and when we go to the beach for snorkeling and such.

After we got the camera it was about a 25 minute drive to the start of the trail that we were going to be hiking on.  I wasn't to difficult to find the trail head but staying on the trail was a different story!  Matthew and I like to say that we took a more direct route to the pools!   We actually went off the trail on the way to the pools and then found the exact trail on the way back.  But needless to say we did make it to the pools and it was amazing!!  We had brought our bathing suits (I wore mine underneath my clothes) so that we could go swimming in the pools.  There were about 5-6 pools and they were all a lot deeper than we thought they would be.  Some we couldn't even touch the bottom when we tried.  There were also a few waterfalls that we could swim under.  Below are some pictures.












We took a nice swim/climb in all of the pools then dried off and got our gear back together.  That is when we saw a nice sized rock that was on top of the mountain and we both wanted to get up there and get a good look at our surroundings.  So we continued our hike off trail up to the top of the mountain.  Here are some pictures of that and a video!





We had so much fun hiking and both of our calves were burning bad when we were finished.  We officially completed our first hike on Guam and even made it more difficult than it had to be.  :)  

As a treat we came home, took showers and naps then went out to Chili's for dinner.

Another blog to come soon to let you know what went on today, Sunday.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

long lost days and couch beds

So I have not been keeping up with this in the past few days considering I have been pretty busy. Thus I am going to do some quick over-views of the past few days so that I can get myself to bed. I haven't been sleeping all that well for a while now and I need to get my beauty rest. On Sunday Matthew and I went back to Grace Assembly (our old/home church) for the late service. We wanted to go back to Grace since we are doing the mission trip through them and they were having a young adult meeting after church. The young adults meeting was pretty great. We went to Forks Cafeteria in downtown Wake Forest and had a room to ourselves reserved. I love getting everyone together. There are always great conversations. After we ate we had a little talk about getting young adults going again and about this new adopt a school program that they wanted us to get involved in. I am feeling pretty siked about the adopt a school program because it is with a middle school and we would get ...

To Start Again

Hello everyone! I know, I know, it has been a REALLY long time since I last posted anything here.  We have since been in Great Lakes, IL for a little over 2 years now and I feel like we have made ourselves a comfortable home and extended group of friends that are like family in the area.  But of course, like true Navy fashion, and God's design for life, nothing goes according to plan. I thought here in Great Lakes there would be little to no chance of Matthew ever getting deployed. God had a different plan.  Long story short, he is now deployed overseas and has been for almost 3 months.  He will be back sometime around May 2019 (that's about 10 months total). I've been having a lot of thoughts about how my days and plan are escaping me and I have trouble remembering what I've did yesterday let alone last week.  And so, I've decided to try and take back up on the blogging.  Hopefully it will be therapeutic for me and as well as help me when I want to ...