Skip to main content

Isabella is 1 Month Old!

So as promised in my last post:  I have some exciting news!  But you must read on and get some baby goodness first!

Today is 9/11/14 in Guam and while for some this day is still a tragic memory of the lives lost just a few years ago, today it is a celebratory day for the Ohrvalls because we are proud to have a (no longer newborn) 1 month old in our household!  We are totally smitten with this little one and love her to death even when she wakes us 3-4 times a night and drains us of any real sound sleeping.  But we will forgive her of that and hold it over her head when she is a teenager  (Just kidding...kinda!)

Isabella has reached a few milestones already in her short time with us.  Here are some of the things she is doing now:

  • Holding her head up for short amounts of time while having tummy time or being supported as she sits up
  • Following Mommy and Daddy's voices/faces by turning her head towards us
  • Sufficiently putting her hands in her mouth and suckling her fingers
  • Sleeps a good 2.5-3 hour stretch at night
  • Gotten big enough to fit into her cloth diapers
Of course she is doing lots of other baby things but the ones above are significant enough to warrant acknowledgment.  

Here are some pictures that I took to remember how tiny she is and to keep track of her growth.  






And now for our exciting news:  WE ARE COMING HOME!!   Well, to NC anyway!  Isabella and I will be coming home on October 20th and staying until December 6th!  Matthew will be coming about a month later than us.  That means that family and friends back home you will get almost a whole 7 weeks with Isabella and I, then about 3-4 weeks with Matthew.  We will be home for Halloween and Thanksgiving!  So if you want to get together with us and meet the little one just let us know so we can plan to get together.  

That's it!  The exciting news and latest from Isabella.  Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

long lost days and couch beds

So I have not been keeping up with this in the past few days considering I have been pretty busy. Thus I am going to do some quick over-views of the past few days so that I can get myself to bed. I haven't been sleeping all that well for a while now and I need to get my beauty rest. On Sunday Matthew and I went back to Grace Assembly (our old/home church) for the late service. We wanted to go back to Grace since we are doing the mission trip through them and they were having a young adult meeting after church. The young adults meeting was pretty great. We went to Forks Cafeteria in downtown Wake Forest and had a room to ourselves reserved. I love getting everyone together. There are always great conversations. After we ate we had a little talk about getting young adults going again and about this new adopt a school program that they wanted us to get involved in. I am feeling pretty siked about the adopt a school program because it is with a middle school and we would get ...

To Start Again

Hello everyone! I know, I know, it has been a REALLY long time since I last posted anything here.  We have since been in Great Lakes, IL for a little over 2 years now and I feel like we have made ourselves a comfortable home and extended group of friends that are like family in the area.  But of course, like true Navy fashion, and God's design for life, nothing goes according to plan. I thought here in Great Lakes there would be little to no chance of Matthew ever getting deployed. God had a different plan.  Long story short, he is now deployed overseas and has been for almost 3 months.  He will be back sometime around May 2019 (that's about 10 months total). I've been having a lot of thoughts about how my days and plan are escaping me and I have trouble remembering what I've did yesterday let alone last week.  And so, I've decided to try and take back up on the blogging.  Hopefully it will be therapeutic for me and as well as help me when I want to ...

Priest Pools Hike

This weekend has been a packed weekend for outdoor activities.  About time too since we haven't been able to get outside and enjoy the weather with all the raining that we had last week.  On Saturday morning we woke up early and went to a community yard sale that was being held in the gym on base.  Found a blender, small food processor and some picture frames. After the yard sale we came back to the house to eat a big breakfast and get ready for our first official hike on Guam!  We decided that we were going to tackle the Priest Pools Hike first because it is labeled as an easy hike in our "Best Tracks on Guam" book.  We packed up our hiking gear and put on our boots to head out but first we had to go to the exchange to get a camera more suited for the type of terrain we were going to be encountering.  We have a nice canon camera but it is much to big and breakable to go on hikes.  We got a military bundle deal on a camera that is not only shock proo...