Skip to main content

New Use for the Old Blog

That is right, The Ohrvall's are Going to Guam!  I am reusing the old "Ohrvall Year One" blog as the new blog to keep family and friend updated on the life and happening of Matthew and I.

So for those of you that do not know:  Matthew is now in the Navy.  He is currently in San Antonio, Texas for schooling in the Master at Arms program specializing in Military Working Dog section.  He has been away for Boot Camp and training and school since he started in the Navy in August.  We have been able to see each other on and off.  I saw him for boot camp graduation, then thanksgiving followed by Christmas.  Recently, he came back home for a few days when my mom was in the hospital   (She is doing better now, resting up and getting some of her energy back.)

All that to say that Matthew has been away for a while and he will stay in San Antonio until this MWD (military working dog) school is over in May.  He graduates May 7th and then could either come home for a few days or go straight to guam (that is depending on what the Navy says and we don't like to depend on what the Navy tells us)  So we are assuming that he will go straight to Guam.

For the time being I am living with my Nina (mom's mom) and my mother to help them in any way that I can during my mother's recovery.  The plan is to move up to Virginia Beach to stay with a friend and fellow Navy wife whose husband is deployed currently.  That could happen as soon as this weekend.  For now that is what is happening here.  I'll keep you guys updated though.

Thanks for reading.  Any questions, post in the comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

long lost days and couch beds

So I have not been keeping up with this in the past few days considering I have been pretty busy. Thus I am going to do some quick over-views of the past few days so that I can get myself to bed. I haven't been sleeping all that well for a while now and I need to get my beauty rest. On Sunday Matthew and I went back to Grace Assembly (our old/home church) for the late service. We wanted to go back to Grace since we are doing the mission trip through them and they were having a young adult meeting after church. The young adults meeting was pretty great. We went to Forks Cafeteria in downtown Wake Forest and had a room to ourselves reserved. I love getting everyone together. There are always great conversations. After we ate we had a little talk about getting young adults going again and about this new adopt a school program that they wanted us to get involved in. I am feeling pretty siked about the adopt a school program because it is with a middle school and we would get ...

To Start Again

Hello everyone! I know, I know, it has been a REALLY long time since I last posted anything here.  We have since been in Great Lakes, IL for a little over 2 years now and I feel like we have made ourselves a comfortable home and extended group of friends that are like family in the area.  But of course, like true Navy fashion, and God's design for life, nothing goes according to plan. I thought here in Great Lakes there would be little to no chance of Matthew ever getting deployed. God had a different plan.  Long story short, he is now deployed overseas and has been for almost 3 months.  He will be back sometime around May 2019 (that's about 10 months total). I've been having a lot of thoughts about how my days and plan are escaping me and I have trouble remembering what I've did yesterday let alone last week.  And so, I've decided to try and take back up on the blogging.  Hopefully it will be therapeutic for me and as well as help me when I want to ...

Priest Pools Hike

This weekend has been a packed weekend for outdoor activities.  About time too since we haven't been able to get outside and enjoy the weather with all the raining that we had last week.  On Saturday morning we woke up early and went to a community yard sale that was being held in the gym on base.  Found a blender, small food processor and some picture frames. After the yard sale we came back to the house to eat a big breakfast and get ready for our first official hike on Guam!  We decided that we were going to tackle the Priest Pools Hike first because it is labeled as an easy hike in our "Best Tracks on Guam" book.  We packed up our hiking gear and put on our boots to head out but first we had to go to the exchange to get a camera more suited for the type of terrain we were going to be encountering.  We have a nice canon camera but it is much to big and breakable to go on hikes.  We got a military bundle deal on a camera that is not only shock proo...