Skip to main content

there is a first time for everything

So I know that I am a little late on the update of last weekend considering it is next weekend already but hey better late than never.  Last weekend Matthew and I had a lot of first time experiences.  We had our first time staying over at a family member's house when we stayed with my Nina on Friday night.  We stayed over there to be able to help her get ready for the yard sale that we would be having Saturday morning and so that we would not have to bring all of our stuff for the yard sale over early in the morning.  It was a great night.  We ordered pizza, made yard sale signs and put price tags on all of the stuff that we were going to be selling.  I must admit it was a little different staying in the same room with Matthew when my mom's mom was in the room just across the hall. 


Saturday morning we had to awake bright and early in order to prepare for our day's adventures.  We started setting stuff outside at around 7:15 because all our ads said that the yard sale started at 8:00.  Of course there were a few of those early birds that have to be the first to yard sales in order to grab the good stuff.  I guess we didn't have to much 'good stuff' because the people that came early didn't really get that much stuff! Later in the morning we had sold a good amount of stuff but when we looked at our inventory it looked just as stocked as it was when we first set it all out.  That kinda surprised us all because even though we were selling pretty well and we had a good amount of people turn out it didn't look like we had sold a thing.  Right about the time that we started to slow down there was one man that came by and decided to buy out all of Matthew's old x-box stuff.  The funny thing about that was:  HE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE AN XBOX!!  He said that he was thinking about getting one, I guess now he better or else he won't have anything to do with the things that he bought from us.  But no matter because we made most of our money off of him! 

We had everything put away and lunch in our bellies by 12:30 and were ready to take on our next task for the day.  I needed an oil change for my car and Matthew wanted to learn how to do it from my dad.  He already knew how to change oil he just never had done it on my car so he wanted to make sure he was doing everything right so we went to my father's house.  We also thought that the breaks needed to be changed but turns out they were just fine, but Matthew got an extra lesson from daddy about breaks!  It was a great time watching my hubby get all oily and sweaty on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon and me hanging out with my dogs and my dad and taking photos.  And for a treat afterward we went to get ice cream at Dairy Queen!

On Sunday we heard a great lesson about the soon return of our savior Jesus Christ!  Pastor Jimmy at Journey Church is such a great speaker and his lessons are so relevant and easy to understand.  I really do like this new church that we have found.  After church we got a surprise call from Mark and had to rush over to Wake Forest in order to help a couple lay some hay down around the trees in their yard.  You may think that that is an easy job but when you have that big a yard and that many trees it really is hard work, especially if you haven't eaten anything but a bowl of cereal all day and you are working for three and a half hours. Needless to say Matthew and I went home and ate and relaxed after that amount of work.  But over all it was definitely an awesome weekend full of first times and excitement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Months...Really?

As the title suggest, I am entering into month 5 of the pregnancy.  However, I neither feel nor look like I am that far along at all.  I have gained a little bit more energy even though I still like a nap in the afternoons when I can get one.  I also haven't been having any weird pregnancy cravings like what you hear most women have.  I guess ice cream could count as a craving even though it's not really all that crazy for a pregnant woman to want ice cream.  The crazy thing I guess for me would be that I never really ate ice cream that much before I was pregnant and now I want it at least once a week. No weird dreams either; I'd be lucky if I remembered any dreams anyway.  I hardly ever remember my dreams unless they are really horrible nightmares and thank goodness I am not having any of those. We got some new furniture for the nursery today off of a Guam garage sale website.  We got a real nice dresser/changing table combo that I am pretty excited about.  That makes

37+ Week Update

So I know it has been a while since my last post.  I figured it was about time for me do another update blog on the pregnancy.  It will be pretty short cause there is not much new to report. I had an ultrasound at 36 weeks last week to get  an update on how Isabella is progressing and what position she was in after a few weeks without knowing.  If you have been keeping up with me on facebook then you know how that turned out!  We didn't get any news from the ultrasound other than the fact that Isabella was still sitting comfortably in her breech position. The following Monday we had an appointment with my OB to get the rest of the information that we were wanting to hear.  She told us that Isabella was growing appropriately and was looking healthy!  So good news is awesome to hear!  Of course she then proceeded with the news that we already heard, Isabella is still breech.  We reviewed our options for turning and delivery and decided to try a procedure called an external cephal

Isabella is 1 Month Old!

So as promised in my last post:  I have some exciting news!  But you must read on and get some baby goodness first! Today is 9/11/14 in Guam and while for some this day is still a tragic memory of the lives lost just a few years ago, today it is a celebratory day for the Ohrvalls because we are proud to have a (no longer newborn) 1 month old in our household!  We are totally smitten with this little one and love her to death even when she wakes us 3-4 times a night and drains us of any real sound sleeping.  But we will forgive her of that and hold it over her head when she is a teenager  (Just kidding...kinda!) Isabella has reached a few milestones already in her short time with us.  Here are some of the things she is doing now: Holding her head up for short amounts of time while having tummy time or being supported as she sits up Following Mommy and Daddy's voices/faces by turning her head towards us Sufficiently putting her hands in her mouth and suckling her fingers Sl