Skip to main content

35 Week Update

I know it has been a while since I have written an update but there really is a good reason for that:  there isn't much new to update you on!  I have gotten bigger, I am still having the most common pregnancy symptoms and I am bored as heck sitting at home with not much to do.  Any who, I'll give you the run down of what's going on.

Symptoms:

  • Soreness:  I am almost to the point of doing the waddle walk where-ever I go now-a-days.
  • Fatigue:  I tire out really easily.  I can take about a 30 minute walk before I start to feel the need to sit down due to shortness of breath or cramping.  I get short of breath easily if I am standing and talking for an extended amount of time.  I found this out at church when standing and singing during worship would leave me out of breath in just a few verses!
  • Bladder Control:  I have to pee ALL THE TIME!!  Seriously!  It is worse now than it was during the first trimester.  If I go from sitting to standing, then I have to pee, even if I went less than an hour previously.  Otherwise I am in the bathroom at least every two to three hours.
  • Sleep:  Isabella moves A LOT!  She loves to keep me awake at night with all of her kicking and rolling around.  She has stopped rolling a little bit, probably because she is running lower on space.  But that doesn't mean she doesn't like to give me plenty of forceful kicking and movements!  It is really kind of creepy to watch my stomach roll and move with her.  I can almost make out different body parts now!
  • Joint pain:  Is is normal for a pregnant woman to get what is the equivalent of arthritis in her hands?  I ask because every morning when I wake up my joints in my hands and fingers are really stiff.  If I flex them out they start to feel better but are still achy throughout the day.
One good thing that comes with being home and not having work at this time in the pregnancy is that I can nap pretty much anytime during the day that I want.  I get bored at home by myself most of the day but I try to fill my day with different 'things' that need to get done.  I like to go to the pool a lot because I can spend time there just relaxing and I can get a workout in the water.  The water helps me feel like I am not as pregnant as I really am.  

Isabella has 'dropped' in the last couple days.  She is a lot lower in my pelvic region.  I can't bend my legs a full 90 degrees without my thighs pressing against my belly.  I can feel a lot more pressure on my pelvis now when I am sitting and standing.  I have read that after a baby 'drops' it is normally about 2-4 until labor starts. According to my doctors I am not due for another 5 weeks!  But we know how much trouble I've had with the whole due date thing.  I have had a few people say that they think I am going to go earlier than August 13 but only time will tell.  I want the little miss to get as much cooking time as she needs!

So I knew that you guys would want to see an updated picture of the belly so I added a few for your viewing pleasure.  

Here are a couple from an afternoon beach workout/swim that Matthew and I did.


Here is the baby bump selfies! 



35 weeks 1 day

Thanks for reading!  :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Months...Really?

As the title suggest, I am entering into month 5 of the pregnancy.  However, I neither feel nor look like I am that far along at all.  I have gained a little bit more energy even though I still like a nap in the afternoons when I can get one.  I also haven't been having any weird pregnancy cravings like what you hear most women have.  I guess ice cream could count as a craving even though it's not really all that crazy for a pregnant woman to want ice cream.  The crazy thing I guess for me would be that I never really ate ice cream that much before I was pregnant and now I want it at least once a week. No weird dreams either; I'd be lucky if I remembered any dreams anyway.  I hardly ever remember my dreams unless they are really horrible nightmares and thank goodness I am not having any of those. We got some new furniture for the nursery today off of a Guam garage sale website.  We got a real nice dresser/changing table combo that I am pretty excited about.  That makes

37+ Week Update

So I know it has been a while since my last post.  I figured it was about time for me do another update blog on the pregnancy.  It will be pretty short cause there is not much new to report. I had an ultrasound at 36 weeks last week to get  an update on how Isabella is progressing and what position she was in after a few weeks without knowing.  If you have been keeping up with me on facebook then you know how that turned out!  We didn't get any news from the ultrasound other than the fact that Isabella was still sitting comfortably in her breech position. The following Monday we had an appointment with my OB to get the rest of the information that we were wanting to hear.  She told us that Isabella was growing appropriately and was looking healthy!  So good news is awesome to hear!  Of course she then proceeded with the news that we already heard, Isabella is still breech.  We reviewed our options for turning and delivery and decided to try a procedure called an external cephal

Isabella is 1 Month Old!

So as promised in my last post:  I have some exciting news!  But you must read on and get some baby goodness first! Today is 9/11/14 in Guam and while for some this day is still a tragic memory of the lives lost just a few years ago, today it is a celebratory day for the Ohrvalls because we are proud to have a (no longer newborn) 1 month old in our household!  We are totally smitten with this little one and love her to death even when she wakes us 3-4 times a night and drains us of any real sound sleeping.  But we will forgive her of that and hold it over her head when she is a teenager  (Just kidding...kinda!) Isabella has reached a few milestones already in her short time with us.  Here are some of the things she is doing now: Holding her head up for short amounts of time while having tummy time or being supported as she sits up Following Mommy and Daddy's voices/faces by turning her head towards us Sufficiently putting her hands in her mouth and suckling her fingers Sl