Skip to main content

Pregnancy Update

Be forewarned:  Some of the information in this blog may be a little more than you might want to know! 

First an update about the due date debacle.  I had another ultrasound a week ago on the doctor's orders so that we could try to get a better estimate on how far along I am.  *Which by the way is not a good idea because the further along you are in the pregnancy the less accurate ultrasound dating gets.  The ultrasound tech and doctor were both a little confused about the dating, just like the rest of us.  Our little girl is still stumping us.  She measures at the August 12 due date everywhere except her head.  For those of you that don't know, the head is the most accurate measurement for dating that is used.  The tech also measured her body length and femur length multiple times.  So what we got was a date of Aug 12 for the body and about 2 weeks less for the head.  So either our little girl has a small head for her age or a large body! I am going to go with a small head and not suspect anything being wrong.  No use worrying right?

Now for some pregnancy symptoms that I am experiencing:

1)  Before I became pregnant, I was cold all the time!  Now I am warm, if not hot a lot of the time.  During the day I can wear tank tops and not get chilly.  At night I can barely keep a sheet over me with out sweating.  Sometimes I even break out in a sweat when I am just sitting around!  Weird.

2)  I have stumble upon a new pregnancy symptom since the last time that I did an update.  I started experiencing this particular symptom while we were in China and doing A LOT of walking and climbing stairs.  It is called symphysis pubis dysfunction or SPD.  Without going into so much detail it basically keeps me sitting on my behind and unable to move around very much.  It causes some horrible, sharp, stabbing pains when I walk.  It is especially painful when I have to stand on one leg for any amount of time or trying to roll over on my other side in bed.  If you want more information of what this is exactly you can look it up but just know that it is no fun!  Some days are worse than others but for now I am just trying not to stand for too long and take a break and rest.

3)  Probably the most common one for any pregnant woman: Sleep deprivation/exhaustion/just plain tiredness.  Yeah this little girl is a mover and a shaker!  Especially when I lay down at night.  When I move --> she goes to sleep.   When I stop moving (ie: bed time or nap time) --> she wiggles like crazy!  Thus, I am in a perpetual state of 'not really being all here'.  I have my spurts of energy and can usually get through the day without a nap if I have to.  But when I do get a nap, I feel loads better!

3.1)  This kinda goes along with the previous symptom even though it is not really a symptom.  I have lost or an slowly losing the desire to workout.  I started out the pregnancy doing really well and keeping up the workout routine with Matthew.  Since we got back from China and I got the symptom mentioned in #2, I have lost that drive.  I still go on walks and go to the gym every now and then with Matthew but not nearly as often.  Hopefully keeping up with stretches and walking will be good enough.  I mean I am already up to a 30 pound weight gain!

4)  Emotions, emotions, emotions!  Yepp, I would say that I am an emotion pregnant woman right now.  Even the slightest things can throw me off my game.  I haven't had many breakdowns but the ones I have had I am sure Matthew thought I was from another planet!  I try to recognize when my hormones might be getting in the way of rational thinking but sometimes those emotions get the best of me.

Well, that is all that I can think of right now.  I am sure there is much, much more that I am forgetting but we will blame that on the infamous 'pregnancy brain'.  I am still in shock that I have gotten so big in just the past month and that the time for her to arrive is getting so much closer!

This weekend my lovely church women friends are throwing me a baby shower and I am super excited about it!  I didn't expect to have a baby shower at all with being so far away from family but these women take me in and are like my family away from home and I could not be more appreciative of them all!!  I will take lots of pictures and do a post about the shower later!

Thanks for reading!

*OH and for those of you who knew about the glucose test and are wondering how it went:  I do not have gestational diabetes.  So yeay for being able to eat sugary foods! :)




Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm glad your test for gestational diabetes came back negative!
I had SPD during my pregnancies, but especially with Maggie; since my pregnancies were so close together, it was much worse the second time. If you're not already, sleep with a pillow between your thighs - it helps stabilize your hips at night and lessens the pain during the day.
Hopefully, because your due date is uncertain, your doctors will not push induction before 41 weeks. Brain development during the final weeks of pregnancy is important.
We're excited to meet her! I'm glad you're doing well.
Carla
Anonymous said…
You are doing everything right. If you had none of these symptoms, you would not be normal :) ♥♥♥
love all,
aunt M

Popular posts from this blog

long lost days and couch beds

So I have not been keeping up with this in the past few days considering I have been pretty busy. Thus I am going to do some quick over-views of the past few days so that I can get myself to bed. I haven't been sleeping all that well for a while now and I need to get my beauty rest. On Sunday Matthew and I went back to Grace Assembly (our old/home church) for the late service. We wanted to go back to Grace since we are doing the mission trip through them and they were having a young adult meeting after church. The young adults meeting was pretty great. We went to Forks Cafeteria in downtown Wake Forest and had a room to ourselves reserved. I love getting everyone together. There are always great conversations. After we ate we had a little talk about getting young adults going again and about this new adopt a school program that they wanted us to get involved in. I am feeling pretty siked about the adopt a school program because it is with a middle school and we would get ...

To Start Again

Hello everyone! I know, I know, it has been a REALLY long time since I last posted anything here.  We have since been in Great Lakes, IL for a little over 2 years now and I feel like we have made ourselves a comfortable home and extended group of friends that are like family in the area.  But of course, like true Navy fashion, and God's design for life, nothing goes according to plan. I thought here in Great Lakes there would be little to no chance of Matthew ever getting deployed. God had a different plan.  Long story short, he is now deployed overseas and has been for almost 3 months.  He will be back sometime around May 2019 (that's about 10 months total). I've been having a lot of thoughts about how my days and plan are escaping me and I have trouble remembering what I've did yesterday let alone last week.  And so, I've decided to try and take back up on the blogging.  Hopefully it will be therapeutic for me and as well as help me when I want to ...

Priest Pools Hike

This weekend has been a packed weekend for outdoor activities.  About time too since we haven't been able to get outside and enjoy the weather with all the raining that we had last week.  On Saturday morning we woke up early and went to a community yard sale that was being held in the gym on base.  Found a blender, small food processor and some picture frames. After the yard sale we came back to the house to eat a big breakfast and get ready for our first official hike on Guam!  We decided that we were going to tackle the Priest Pools Hike first because it is labeled as an easy hike in our "Best Tracks on Guam" book.  We packed up our hiking gear and put on our boots to head out but first we had to go to the exchange to get a camera more suited for the type of terrain we were going to be encountering.  We have a nice canon camera but it is much to big and breakable to go on hikes.  We got a military bundle deal on a camera that is not only shock proo...