Skip to main content

Tarague Hike and Baby Bump Pictures

This past weekend Matthew and I decided that it was about time for us to go on another hike.  Since I have been pregnant I haven't had the energy to be able to go on a hike.  But, now that I am further along, I can manage a hike that is at an easy or medium difficulty level.  We have been going on walks around the neighborhood almost every night for a few weeks so I felt confident that I could handle a hike.

The hike that we decided upon was called the "Tarague Beach" hike. This was our first hike that was on the beach half the time and in the woods/jungle the other half of the time.  It was classified as a medium difficulty with little elevation (considering it was on the beach) and 1.5 miles total.  It was an all morning thing because we had to travel to Anderson Air Force Base on the northern tip of the island  It took us about an hour to get there and find the start of the hike and then another hour and a half to complete the hike.

I managed the entire hike without an incident.  By the time we reached our turn around point I was breathing a sigh of relief because I knew now exactly how much further until the hike was over.  I would say in the last quarter mile or so I was getting pretty tired and was ready to be back at the car.

We saw some very pretty scenes when we were walking along the ocean.

Matthew walking along some coral checking out all the fish.


We had some snacks for our hike so we pulled some out to feed the fish and get them to come to the surface.  There were dozens of them coming to get some of our snacks.



Sorry I forgot to turn this one before it uploaded.  Just turn your screen sideways! :)


Here is a better look at the fish that we saw.  There were these tiny neon blue fish that were my favorite.




Matthew was particularly fascinated that there were palm trees and pine trees growing side by side right off of this beach.  In this picture the trunks of the two different trees are actually touching.

And as promised I have a few belly shots to show you.  My belly still hasn't popped out yet and I am fast approaching the 5 month mark (18 weeks).  I am told by my parents that I will blow up like a balloon in the last 3 months though!  


I have only gained 10 pounds so far up from my pre-pregnancy weight.  I am also trying to make sure and get to the gym 2-3 times a week and get moving every night with a walk or something.  I have also been eating well with a few indulgences on some nights! :)



We found a starfish on the coral so of course we had to get a picture with it too!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

long lost days and couch beds

So I have not been keeping up with this in the past few days considering I have been pretty busy. Thus I am going to do some quick over-views of the past few days so that I can get myself to bed. I haven't been sleeping all that well for a while now and I need to get my beauty rest. On Sunday Matthew and I went back to Grace Assembly (our old/home church) for the late service. We wanted to go back to Grace since we are doing the mission trip through them and they were having a young adult meeting after church. The young adults meeting was pretty great. We went to Forks Cafeteria in downtown Wake Forest and had a room to ourselves reserved. I love getting everyone together. There are always great conversations. After we ate we had a little talk about getting young adults going again and about this new adopt a school program that they wanted us to get involved in. I am feeling pretty siked about the adopt a school program because it is with a middle school and we would get ...

To Start Again

Hello everyone! I know, I know, it has been a REALLY long time since I last posted anything here.  We have since been in Great Lakes, IL for a little over 2 years now and I feel like we have made ourselves a comfortable home and extended group of friends that are like family in the area.  But of course, like true Navy fashion, and God's design for life, nothing goes according to plan. I thought here in Great Lakes there would be little to no chance of Matthew ever getting deployed. God had a different plan.  Long story short, he is now deployed overseas and has been for almost 3 months.  He will be back sometime around May 2019 (that's about 10 months total). I've been having a lot of thoughts about how my days and plan are escaping me and I have trouble remembering what I've did yesterday let alone last week.  And so, I've decided to try and take back up on the blogging.  Hopefully it will be therapeutic for me and as well as help me when I want to ...

Priest Pools Hike

This weekend has been a packed weekend for outdoor activities.  About time too since we haven't been able to get outside and enjoy the weather with all the raining that we had last week.  On Saturday morning we woke up early and went to a community yard sale that was being held in the gym on base.  Found a blender, small food processor and some picture frames. After the yard sale we came back to the house to eat a big breakfast and get ready for our first official hike on Guam!  We decided that we were going to tackle the Priest Pools Hike first because it is labeled as an easy hike in our "Best Tracks on Guam" book.  We packed up our hiking gear and put on our boots to head out but first we had to go to the exchange to get a camera more suited for the type of terrain we were going to be encountering.  We have a nice canon camera but it is much to big and breakable to go on hikes.  We got a military bundle deal on a camera that is not only shock proo...